We invite you to enter our photography competition. This free competition is being run by Brixham Marine Conservation Day which is being held on 30th May 2017
We want you to help bring awareness of Marine Conservation through the eye of the lense be it seascapes, seabirds, marine mammals, rock pools, beach rubbish, pollution, underwater images etc.
The theme of the competition is Marine Conservation
The best three photos from each category will be on show during the days events and some may also be printed in the Herald Express Newspaper and displayed on line.
A guest judge will decide the winner in each category on the day, Mifsuds Photographic Ltd are kindly donating a small prize for the winner of each category.
Max three entries per person please.
Entries (labeled Photo Competition please ) to be dropped off at, or posted to:
Mifsuds Photographic Ltd
7 – 29 Bolton St,
Devon TQ5 9BZ
Entries are invited in the following categories
- Aged 7yrs and under
- Aged 8yrs – 12yrs
- Aged 13yrs – 17yrs
- 18yrs and over
Please print on the back of you photo
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Age or Over
- Where photo was taken
Size of Photo’s must be: Min 8” x 10” (inch) see over for conditions
Entries to be in by 10th May 2017
See below for rules and conditions
- The subject for the Brixham Marine Conservation Day Photograph Competition is “Marine Conservation”
- Entries can be taken worldwide, above or below sea surface.
- Entrants can submit up to three photo as prints only – min size 8” x 10” in colour or black and white. Electronic images cannot be accepted.
- Images must not be digitally altered or manipulated in any way. The judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been altered.
- There are four categories: 7yrs and under, 8yrs – 12yrs, 13yrs – 17yrs, over 18yrs, entrants under the age of 12 years need to have parent or guardian consent to enter.
- Each entry should be marked with Name, Email, Phone Number, Where photo was taken and Age category ( and if under 12yrs parents/guardian consent signature) by adding your email you agree to receiving information from us of future events.
- Entries should be sent to or dropped off at Mifsuds Photographic Ltd, 27 – 29 Bolton St, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 9BZ, clearly labeled Photo Competition. There is no charge for this event but donations towards the running of this event would be appreciated, cheques to “BMCD” please.
- The competition closes at Midnight on Wednesday 10th May 2017.
- No entries can be returned and proof of posting is not proof of receipt. The organiser accepts no responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of judges, the best three from each category will be displayed on the day of the event and a guest judge will judge the winner of each category and award a small prize donated by Mifsuds Photographic Ltd.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardian if children under 16 are featured. Further, entrants must not have breached any laws when taking their photographs.
- By entering the competition all entrants grant to the organiser the right to publish and exhibit their photographs, free of charge, on social media, marketing materials such as leaflets and posters, press releases and at the event.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the organiser reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if the organizer has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these rules.
- The organiser reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control
- If the winners are unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the organiser reserves the right to either offer the prize to a runner up or to re-offer the prize in any future competition.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Brixham Marine Conservation Project.
Email enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org